About, Rates & Facilities
Spider Rock Campground, a magical raw landscape, nestled in a natural wooded area of the Tse Ho Tso Plateau at Canyon de Chelly, features more than 30 spacious RV and tent camping sites for you to choose from. The private, quiet campground is open throughout the year
NEW! Wireless internet access and Espresso drinks!
- Group Rates
- 7-14 people: US$36.00
- 15 + people: US$4.00 each additional person
- TENTS – Each tent campsite costs US$15 per night
- RVs – Each RV campsite costs US$15 per night(includes water fill-up and dump station)
- Cozy HOGANS
- We have THREE: SMALL, MEDIUM, and LARGE
- Please call or email for current rates.
* Please note payments may be made by cash, check, or travelers cheque. NO CREDIT CARDS are accepted.
CONTACT US with questions, or to make a reservation.
Recreational opportunities abound at Canyon de Chelly. Click here for details.
About the Facilities
- Campfires: Each campsite features an open fire pit; small fires are permitted if the weather is not too dry. Firewood is available at the campground for $7 per bundle. Wood collecting or breaking tree branches is not allowed.
- Solar-heated showers: are available for $4 per person.
- Tent rental: tents may be rented for $12.00 per night.
- Cold sodas, drinking water, and snacks are available for purchase at the campground. (The nearest grocery store is in Chinle, outside the park.)
- Pets are welcome, but should be leashed at all times. The campground is located within an open grazing area; cows, sheep, horses, and wildlife may wander through camping areas.
The weather at Canyon de Chelly is beautiful throughout the year. Humidity is usually low, with occasional monsoon rains in midsummer and snow starting in January. Springtime temperatures range from 30ºF to 80ºF (0-24ºC). During summer, days are gorgeous, with highs in the 80s and 90s (25-35ºC), overnight lows in the 50s (10ºC and up). Autumn conditions are similar to spring, and in the winter, temperatures range from 15ºF to 65ºF (0-24ºC). Click here for current weather conditions at Chinle
- Please note The Navajo Nation prohibits alcoholic beverages, fireworks, and firearms of all kinds.
- Quiet Hours are between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Please, no music or group activities after 10.
- Generator hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.